Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Is C-diff Contagious?

Because c-diff results in diarrhea, it is potentially contagious and produces spores that can be very resistant. By the ingestion of contaminated food or water or touching contaminated surfaces or objects, c-diff spores can get into your body. All you need to do is touch your mouth with your hands and you might become infected. In hospitals and long-term facilities there is great surface contamination. With beds close together there is the danger of cross contamination and sometimes improper cleaning as well as the absence of hygienic skills by staff members in regard to patients can result in the spread of this disease. This is general information; however, when I get into my own personal battle with c-diff, readers will learn more about this and how to protect themselves. I must warn readers that my description will be fairly graphic in order to get my message across. Remember that I am interested in helping you avoid this "beast" of a disease.

No comments:

Post a Comment