Monday, October 5, 2015

Intermission: Life before C-diff

Before I became ill with c-diff, I was leading a very active and healthy life.  For sixteen years I, along with my great staff, published the works of many Christian authors throughout the United States.  I still consider many of these authors to be my friends.  When my husband retired, I dissolved the company, returning the rights to authors or offering them to other publishers. Then, with more free time, I began doing more writing.  I already had two books published by mainline publishers--didn't want to publish my own work--although I did publish one on writing and publishing. The Lord blessed me by granting national television and radio appearances as well as the opportunity to host my own radio talk show that discussed the topic of childhood sexual abuse.



And so, no longer a publisher, I did book reviews, editing, and began work on more writing projects of my own. I also enjoyed editing my husband's Bible studies, some of which will soon be published. By the way, his name is John--called Jack by most of our friends. But one of my biggest pleasures was babysitting my two grandchildren, Talia and Pasquale, every Thursday. My husband  and I did this together and delighted in every moment we spent with them. And then everything changed, slowly at first but soon c-diff took control of our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment