Saturday, October 3, 2015

Social Life with C-diff

Actually, I had a very limited social life while fighting c-diff. I mean how social can you be when you are bedfast or feeling very ill most of the time.  However, when it came to friends, I am amazed by the caring and thoughtfulness of those concerned about me. Well, let me address the negative first as I did lose a couple of friends--ones  who had been very close to me.  It is difficult to cultivate a friendship when one party is always sick and also probably because of my up and down emotions.

Now to the positive and a tribute to the wonderful people who have helped me to continue in this battle to regain my health. First, I thank my Lord and Savior for all the blessings He bestowed on me that radiated light through the darkness of c-diff.  My husband and I are closer than ever, inseparable and looking forward to the future.  My wonderful children, Lori and Eric, my son-in-law Silvio  and my grandchildren are cheerleaders in my corner.  Both Pastor Bert and Pastor Harriet helped me with my spiritual walk when my physical body didn't want to get out of bed.

There are so many friends who have been here for me during the last eight years, and I know will continue to support me with their prayers and good wishes.  One of my lifetime and best friends, Joetta Moore,  from Morgantown, WV drove to Baden with her husband Ed and brought me delicious and nourishing potato soup, unlike any I had ever eaten. It had everything in it but the kitchen sink. I wasn't that well then and Joetta  immediately went to my kitchen and found everything she needed to set the table. It was a wonderful time, regardless of the circumstances. Then I smile thinking about Theresa,  my next--door-neighbor,  who mailed me get well cards all the time just to cheer me up. I thank Ade, an attorney and writer from New York, who sent me apple juice on a regular basis, via the mail, because my doctor said it would be good for me. Bill Myers, who is in the Bible study that my husband taught, still calls to check on me as well as sending emails.  He is a close friend whom Jack and I both appreciate for his faithfulness.  Another neighbor, Edie, became my telephone prayer partner as we shared what was happening with us as far as our health problems.  She is in Heaven now, making it an even sweeter place for when I arrive. Jerri Ward who lives in Alabama is a very close friend who is a strong Christian and an encourager. We talk frequently on the telephone, and I always feel better after our conversations.  Another telephone buddy is Marie who lives in Arizona; she and I went to high school together.  Marie, a wonderful Christian, made me a beautiful afghan after asking me what my favorite colors are.  Mary Kay from Morgantown is a former co-worker and Christian friend who sends me goodies in the mail--including scripture verses--to make me feel better.  Then there is Don and Elaine whom I talk with fairly often; they too are from Morgantown and were in our wedding. They are so special to me and to Jack. And now, let me thank my precious cousin (in-law) Mary who lives in Florida. She and her group of prayer warriors have been so faithful to me during my years with c-diff. I am honored to be part of the prayer group. I ask God to bless Mary who is the most caring individual I ever met. There are so many praying for me including Thomas Kemp, a special friend and writer; Susan, Vince, Dan, Don, Steven, Michael, Shirley, Mary and Wayne my dear close friends, Richard, Mary Jane and endless others whom I love and appreciate.

For a time when I was ill, I tried to keep my book reviewing website going as it gave several people extra income.  When the time came that I could no longer do my part, Melissa Brown Levine, took over as co-host for several months and did more than her share of work. I am so appreciative of how she helped out until I eventually closed down the site.  If you need a writer or editor, look her up on google or Facebook.

I want to thank the members of Economy United Methodist church for their prayers and the many gifts that they brought to my home over the years. One member, Jeanette, cooked meals for us an entire week when Jack was ill. In this world of war and killings, the goodness of God is alive and well in His people! My husband and I look forward to the time when we can worship with our friends at the small but Christ-centered church. We are trusting God that this will be in the near future

No comments:

Post a Comment